Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
There are a number of important steps to take after a crash to maximize your settlement amount. In addition to seeking medical care, filing a police report, and notifying your insurance company about the accident, you should also contact an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer for legal representation. Working with a lawyer is highly advised, even if you think that your case is straightforward and that you are guaranteed a settlement.
As motor vehicles have increased in safety, deaths in auto accidents have decreased; but with that decrease in deaths is an increase in injuries that also pose their own unique set of challenges. Our Tampa car accident lawyers represent accident victims who have had their families and lives upended because of the actions of another driver on the road. We are able to fight for the rights of victims who have been involved in the following types of accidents:
- Tampa DUI Accidents
- Tampa Hit & Run Accidents
- Tampa Motorcycle Accidents
- Tampa Truck Accidents
- Tampa Truck Safety Regulations
- Tampa Uninsured Motorists
Why You Should Work with a Tampa Auto Accident Lawyer
Many people hesitate to contact a lawyer after a crash, wondering whether or not working with an attorney is really necessary. While you have no legal obligation to contact a lawyer, doing so can improve your chances of recovering the maximum amount of money that you are owed, and can also provide you with a sense of confidence and comfort throughout the process. Here are some important ways that our Tampa car crash lawyer helps you after a car accident:
- Investigating your accident. Fault in a crash is not always clear, and even when it is, the right evidence must be collected to prove it. Fault, or negligence, can have a big impact on the amount of money that you receive in a settlement offer, and unless you prove the negligence of the other driver (or other at-fault party), you may be unable to recover compensation at all. We open an investigation as soon as we learn around your accident, collecting all evidence. This includes physical evidence, pictures of the accident scene, police reports, video footage, witness statements, and more.
- Filing your claim. In some cases, you may not know how to file your claim after an accident, or against whom to file your claim. This is especially true if the accident was caused by a party other than another driver, such as the manufacturer of a defective auto part. We help you file your claim against the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Proving damages. If you are injured in a crash and suffer losses, you may assume that the insurance adjuster responsible for processing your claim will recognize this and pay you what you deserve. Unfortunately, you will need to prove the full extent of your losses in order to recover any compensation. We can assist you in gathering medical bills, working with experts, and proving damages.
- Negotiating for a fair settlement offer. Frequently, insurance adjusters offer claimants less than they deserve, hoping that the claimant will take the money in desperation and frustration. When your settlement offer does not address the full amount of damages you have suffered, we will aggressively negotiate for a more fitting settlement amount.
- Taking your claim to court. When a settlement cannot be reached, we will be prepared to take your case to court.
Types of Car Accident Claims
Most car accidents happen because of negligence, which is the failure to exercise a certain level of caution while operating a vehicle. The Tampa car accident lawyer, along with your insurance company, will conduct a preliminary investigation to identify whether you were negligent or not.
To have the best chances of winning the case, the experienced Tampa auto accident lawyers must prove that the defendant’s negligence caused the accident. Some examples of defendants are negligent drivers, reckless drivers, intoxicated drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and those who text and drive.
If your vehicle, or the defendant’s vehicle had a defect contributed to the accident, the injured party may have a claim against the manufacturer of the vehicle or one of its many parts. If the car had a faulty manufacturing issue, the manufacturer can be held responsible regardless of who was actually at fault for the accident.
The Tampa car crash lawyer must prove that you were not at fault for the accident, and that the defect happened during the manufacturing process. Oftentimes they bring in expert testimony and analysis as evidence to prove that the defect caused or contributed to the accident. Successful lawsuits will require the plaintiff to show:
- The defective car or part was “unreasonably dangerous”
- The vehicle was being operated safely
- The vehicle’s performance had not changed since purchase
Then there’s faulty construction, design, or maintenance of roads. This can contribute to car crashes and have nothing to do with the drivers. This type of claim will prove the plaintiff and defendant not guilty due to circumstances beyond their control.
Types of Car Crash Injuries and Compensation You May Be Entitled To
The extent and severity of injuries suffered will vary with different cases. In some cases, treatment for injuries will not be covered by insurance. The Tampa auto accident attorneys help cover costs of injuries that include:
- Burns and scars
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Joint, muscle, back, neck, and bone injuries
- Knee damage
- Permanent disability
In addition to these, our experienced Tampa car accident lawyers can help you obtain compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death
Tampa Car Accident Law Firm Assists with Wrongful Death Claims
If you have lost a loved one in a car crash, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit. In these cases, the family or survivors of the victim must prove that their loved one was killed as a result of another’s negligence. You can gain economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
According to the laws of liability, other drivers on the road are to use reasonable care and caution. However, when someone has not lived up that obligation and you have to suffer or deal with the consequences, whether those consequences are financial, medical, professional or emotional, you need someone in your corner who will see to it that you are protected. You may be tempted to simply adhere to what an insurance company tries to tell you. However, insurance companies are in the business of trying to downplay injuries or damages and minimize what they and the driver they represent are responsible for paying. We have years of experience negotiating with insurance companies and can effectively communicate your needs to ensure you receive the benefits, compensation and damages you deserve. We also work to secure the accident scene, speak with witnesses and gather all necessary evidence and documents to help get the best possible outcome for your case. Contact our Tampa car accident lawyers today.
Call us today for a Free Tampa Car Accident Case Consultation
If you have been in a car accident in Tampa, Florida and are facing injuries that may require long term treatment that have resulted in lost wages or anything in between, you need an experienced Tampa car accident attorney to fight for you. With Pawlowski//Mastrilli Law Group you get the most qualified litigators and negotiators on your side of the table and you get a promise that we will do everything in our power to get you what you deserve. For a free consultation with a Tampa car accident lawyer, contact Pawlowski Mastrilli Law Group at 813-803-6518.