Clearwater Pharmaceutical Injury Lawyer
More than 119 million Americans take prescription drugs, and the pharmaceutical injury has some of the highest profit margins of any industry type. When a consumer uses a prescription drug, they do so because they believe–based on the drug’s advertisements and the opinion of their doctor–that the drug will help them. Unfortunately, while many prescription drugs do aid in recovery or condition management, others are linked to dangerous and even deadly side effects. If you or a loved one is a victim, please call our Clearwater pharmaceutical injury lawyer today to learn about your options.
Who’s Liable for a Defective Pharmaceutical?
A pharmaceutical drug may be labeled “defective” or dangerous for a number of reasons, including manufacturing errors, design errors, and labeling errors, all of which could mean that a drug is not safe for use, or that risks of using the drug were not communicated to consumers. When a drug is defective and a person suffers harm as a result, it’s important that the liable party is identified. Liability for a defective pharmaceutical may rest on the shoulders of:
- The drug manufacturer, especially if the manufacturer knew or should have known of the defect but failed to provide this information to the consumer;
- The testing laboratory, if an error in testing led to incorrect information;
- The doctor who prescribed the drug, if the prescription was issued in error (i.e. prescribing a drug to a patient who will have an allergic reaction based on a drug ingredient);
- The pharmacy where the drug is filled, if the pharmacist makes an error or fails to provide the patient with the correct drug instructions; or
- The hospital where the prescribing doctor works or where the pharmacy is located.
You Deserve Compensation for Your Harm
Dangerous pharmaceutical drugs have been associated with a number of adverse health events, including strokes, internal bleeding, heart attacks, addiction, mental health problems, hormone disorders, and more. If you have suffered harm as a result of taking a drug that you believed to be safe, you deserve to be compensated. Our Clearwater pharmaceutical injury lawyers will advocate for your right to your full compensation award, including compensation for all medical expenses associated with your harm, any lost wages you have accumulated, and the value of your pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
Bringing a claim for pharmaceutical-related injuries can be complex; you will need to prove that your harm was caused by your use of the pharmaceutical drug, and that nothing else could have led to your injuries. This will require a thorough investigation, as well as the advice and opinions of experts. Our lawyers can organize all of this, as well as front any costs.
Call Our Clearwater Pharmaceutical Injury Lawyers Today
If you have suffered a pharmaceutical injury, our lawyers can help you. We have experience working on cases like yours, and are passionate about holding big companies liable for the harm they cause. Please reach us today online or by phone to schedule a free consultation.