Lakeland Truck Accident Lawyer
With Interstate 4, US Route 98, and other major truck routes crossing through Polk County, you can assume that truck accidents present a serious risk for motorists. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), there are more than 1,400 crashes every year involving semis, 18-wheelers, and other large tractor-trailer rigs. Because of their size, along with cargo, you’re probably not surprised to learn that the occupants in the passenger vehicle will suffer the most devastating harm.
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a truck accident, you may get some comfort knowing that Florida law protects your interests. You may be able to recover compensation for your losses, and our team at The Pawlowski // Mastrilli Law Group can assist with the legal process. To learn about our legal services, please contact our office to schedule a free case evaluation with a Lakeland truck accident lawyer. You can also read on for some basics about these claims.
Types of Truck Driver Negligence
In the practice of law, negligence is defined as a breach of the legal duty to exercise reasonable caution when driving. If you can prove that the breach was the direct cause of the truck accident in which you were injured, you can recover compensation for your damages. To illustrate, some examples of truck driver negligence include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Failure to yield;
- Erratic or illegal lane changes;
- Texting, talking, or other cell phone use while driving; and,
- Many others.
In addition, there are some forms of negligence that are unique to truck accidents. You may have a claim if the crash was caused by noncompliance with Hours of Service regulations, an unsecured load, failure to inspect, or neglect in performing maintenance.
Legal Options for Recovering Compensation
As with other motor vehicle accidents, the first step in seeking monetary damages for your losses is filing an insurance claim. However, the process is different and more complicated for three reasons. Our team at The Pawlowski // Mastrilli Law Group will handle the complexities related to:
- Higher Claim Values: Truck accidents are more destructive for occupants of passenger cars, so you’ll incur astronomical bills for catastrophic injuries and long-term medical complications. Plus, you’ll also endure pain, suffering, and associated losses.
- Experienced Claims Adjusters: Considering the amount they could lose, truck insurance companies assign these cases to their top-performing employees. Adjusters are dedicated to ensuring you get the smallest payout possible.
- Multiple Potential Parties: There are other entitles involved with some trucking operations, such as the driver’s employer, the owner of the rig, a shipping company, and many more.
Count on a Lakeland Truck Accident Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
Though collisions involving trucks share some common elements with other motor vehicle crashes, they’re very different and more complex in numerous ways. As such, it’s essential to retain experienced legal counsel to represent you through the insurance claims process and in court. Our team at The Pawlowski // Mastrilli Law Group is prepared to fight for your rights, so please call 863-285-3746 or go online to set up a no-cost consultation with one of our attorneys today.