Oldsmar Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents occur much more often than most people realize. In fact, the Department of Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) reports that there were 9,143 motorcycle crashes, in which 7,849 people were injured and 531 lost their lives in 2018 alone. Because these accidents tend to have such devastating consequences for the parties involved, injured motorcyclists are strongly encouraged to contact an experienced Oldsmar motorcycle accident lawyer who can walk them through their legal options and potentially help them seek compensation for their accident-related losses.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents, like any other type of vehicular collision, fall under a number of different categories, but the most common include:
- Broadside accidents, which occur when a motorcyclist is struck from the side by another driver and take place most often in intersections;
- Rear-end collisions, which, as their name suggests, occur when a motorcycle is struck from behind by a vehicle and tend to have particularly serious consequences for motorcyclists who are often thrown from their motorcycles entirely;
- Dooring accidents, which occur when a driver, who is parked on the side of the road, opens his or her door into the path of a motorcyclist; and
- Single motorcycle accidents, which typically involve a motorcycle skidding, tipping over, or sliding on wet or painted pavement, loose gravel, potholes, or a road defect.
Most motorcycle accidents can be attributed to carelessness, including everything from inattention causing a driver to drift into a nearby lane, run a red light, or fail to yield to a motorcyclist to driving while intoxicated.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Regardless of their cause, most motorcycle accidents result in serious and even catastrophic injuries for motorcyclists, who could sustain any of the following injuries:
- Head trauma, facial fractures, and broken jaw bones and noses;
- Rib and pelvic fractures;
- Lacerations and amputation;
- Road rash;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Abdominal injuries, internal bleeding, and organ damage; and
- Lower limb injuries, including fractures in the hips, legs, and feet.
Treating these types of injuries tends to be not only painful, but also expensive, as injured parties are often forced to pay for emergency transportation, surgery, long-term hospital stays, physical therapy, medications, nursing assistance, and specialized medical equipment. Fortunately, motorcyclists who are injured in accidents could be entitled to compensation for their losses if they can provide proof of someone else’s negligent or reckless conduct. Liable parties could include everyone from other drivers and road crews to government agencies and third party contractors. For help determining whether you could be eligible for damages following your own accident, please contact our dedicated motorcycle accident legal team today.
Call Experienced Oldsmar Motorcycle Accident Lawyers for Legal Assistance
At Pawlowski // Mastrilli Law Group, our experienced Oldsmar motorcycle accident lawyers are well-versed in the physical, emotional, and legal obstacles faced by injured motorcyclists, so if you or a loved one recently sustained an injury in a motorcycle accident, whether in a collision with another vehicle or in a single-motorcycle accident, please don’t hesitate to call us for more information on your legal rights and options.