St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyer
The trucking industry is a very important part of the economy in Florida and nationwide, providing jobs for thousands of workers and ensuring that everyday foods and products are accessible to consumers and businesses across the country. In St. Petersburg, it is common to see large trucks on the road at all hours of the day. Despite the necessity of large trucks, though, there is no doubt that these vehicles can be dangerous. When a large truck and a smaller car collide, the occupants of the smaller vehicle are sure to suffer harm.
Our St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers understand the devastating nature of truck accidents, and want to help if you’ve been in a crash. Please reach us today for legal counsel you can trust.
Top Causes of Truck Accidents
In the blink of an eye, 80,000 pounds of a vehicle may careen into your path, resulting in a devastating crash that changes your life. Determining why this accident occurred and whose negligence caused the crash can be confusing. That’s where our law firm comes in. Our lawyers will dig deep to investigate your crash and determine liability. Some of the top causes of truck accidents include
- Truck driver error. Negligent actions such as taking a turn too fast for conditions, driving while distracted, operating a truck aggressively, or driving while fatigued or impaired significantly increases the risk of a crash.
- Trucking company error. In some cases, it is the negligence of the trucking company that causes the crash. Failing to properly screen drivers or maintain/repair trucks, for example, may lead to an accident.
- Vehicle defects. Some truck accidents are the result of vehicle defects. For example, consider a truck underride accident that occurs when a passenger car is on autopilot, or a truck accident that is the result of a tire blowout.
- Cargo errors. If cargo is not properly loaded and secured, it may shift during transit, making the truck harder to control and potentially leading to an accident.
- Negligence of another driver. Finally, the negligence of another driver or other drivers on the road can lead to truck accidents. Tailgating, cutting off a truck driver, trying to pass on the right, driving in a truck’s blind spots, and more are all dangerous behaviors.
Our Lawyers Will Advocate for You
Our lawyers know that when you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you need a law firm on your side that will:
- Investigate your crash and prove negligence;
- Represent you in conversations with the insurance company;
- Determine liability;
- Calculate your damages;
- Preserve and organize evidence;
- Issue a demand letter;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations; and
- File a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary.
Our law firm is prepared to do all of the above and more with the primary objective of ensuring you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Call Our St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyers Today
To learn more about our St. Petersburg truck accident attorneys and our legal services, please reach out to us directly today by phone or online. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis.