Tampa Independent Adoption Lawyer
All adoptions require an attorney to complete the legal aspects of the process. If you work with an adoption agency, the agency typically coordinates an attorney to work on behalf of the soon-to-be-parents. However, when you opt for an independent adoption, there is no such benefit. If you choose an independent adoption over an agency adoption, you must hire a Tampa independent adoption attorney to facilitate the process and make sure that everything is in writing before taking your new baby or child home. Our Tampa independent adoption lawyers at the Pawlowski//Mastrilli Law Group are prepared to help you do just that, and to support you throughout every stage of this exciting journey.
The Benefits of Working With an Adoption Lawyer
Aside from the fact that an adoption lawyer is necessary to complete the legalities of an adoption, there are several benefits of working with an adoption attorney from the very beginning of the process and through to the end. Some of the top benefits of hiring an experienced lawyer include the following:
- Safely Terminate the Father’s Birth Rights: Sometimes, a single mother will put a child up for adoption without consulting the father, mostly because the mother is not aware of who the father is. In these instances, it is essential to proceed with caution, and to do everything by the book. A skilled lawyer can help you safely terminate the father’s legal rights and ensure that your rights are upheld throughout the entirety of the process.
- Ongoing Support and Resources: Adoption is rarely cut and dry, and you may discover that you have a lot of pressing questions when you are finally in the midst of the process. The right lawyer can help you address any questions and concerns that you do have and provide ongoing support when the situation becomes complicated (as many adoptions are apt to do).
- Knowledge of Current Adoption Laws: Attorneys are required to be up-to-date on the latest adoptions laws. This can be hugely helpful during the process, as even one mistake can mean the difference between an adoption being finalized or an adoption falling through.
How to Choose the Right Adoption Attorney for You
If you have decided to pursue an independent adoption and now need to hire a compassionate and knowledgeable lawyer, there are certain criteria you should keep in mind. To help you determine whether or not an attorney meets these criteria, ask the following questions during an initial consultation:
- Are you a member of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys?
- Can you explain the adoption legal process in depth?
- Do you have a list of waiting families or birth mothers?
- If you do not have a list of waiting families or birth mothers, how do you help either party facilitate a successful adoption?
- Who in your firm is responsible for adoption counseling, and how much experience does he or she have?
- How much control do I have over this adoption?
- How often are you available, and how can I reach you?
- How do you feel about open adoptions?
- How do you facilitate post-placement contact, if that is what both parties want?
There is no “right” answer to these questions—just answers that are right for you. For this reason, it is imperative that you have an idea of what you want your adoption process to look like.
Contact a Tampa Independent Adoption Lawyer Today
If you are ready to grow your family via independent adoption, reach out to the Pawlowski//Mastrilli Law Group today. We are ready to support you throughout this exciting time in your life, and to facilitate a successful and stress-free adoption. Contact our office today to get started.